This was a cracking dinner I made last week and wanted to remember so im gonna put it on my blog. Yes.
2 Duck Breasts
Smoked Malden sea Salt & Pepper
Generous pinch of good smoked paprika
6 cardamom pods
Generous pinch of Saffron threads (approx 15)
Small pinch of ground cinnamon or half a stick
100g Basmati Rice
Chopped blanched almonds 100g
4 headed spoons of Greek Yogurt
1 clove of garlic
half a handful of Coriander, roughly torn
- Preheat oven to 180 oc
- Score the skins of the duck breasts and marinade them in the juice and zest of the clementines. Try to keep a few segments to put in the final sauce. add the smoked salt and pepper. Leave for a few hours.
- Fry the Cardamon pods and cinnamon in a knob of butter until the aroma is noticeable and then add the rice and almonds. Coat the rice. Cover with water and approx 1cm over. Cook for around 20mins.
- At the same sort of time you cover the rice, take the duck breasts and fry them skin side down some oil. Once crisp, colour the other side, then turn skin side down again and put into the oven in the pan. Cook them to your liking. I like pink inside. You’ll know they are pink once they start to firm up but still have plenty of bounce.
- Roughly chop the garlic and add it to the yogurt with the coriander.
- Once the duck is down, rest it on a board, pour the fat from the cooking pan (but don’t wipe) and add the marinade and reduce slightly. Add a little honey and butter to taste if you like.
- Serve with a little salad. Something like lambs lettuce works well.
There we are. Yum. Sorry there isn’t a picture of this one.